Chippenham’s business community came together to celebrate their diversity and successes at the Chippenham Business Awards on Thursday 21st February. Organisers Chippenham BID and title sponsors Awdry Bailey & Douglas welcomed 160 guests to the event held at the Neeld Community and Arts Centre for Chippenham’s biggest business to business event, where 10 awards were given in a range of categories.
The 2019 Chippenham Business Awards was the 3rd of its kind organised by Chippenham BID, whose aim is to support and promote local businesses and to help the businesses in the BID area become more profitable. Eight of the ten categories are self-nominated, and there was an increase of 38% in the number of entries received this year compared to the event’s first occurrence in 2017.
Kathryn Crosweller, Manager of Chippenham BID said, “It almost sounds trite but to be in a room with so many passionate, driven and successful people is a very humbling experience. There are some fantastic businesses in and around Chippenham, and we are delighted to be able to bring them together each year at the Chippenham Business Awards.”
The awards received wide support from a range of local businesses who sponsored each award, as well as drinks reception sponsor Berkley Square Private Clients Ltd. The event was also supported by title sponsors, Awdry Bailey & Douglas. Partner at Awdry, Bailey & Douglas Tom Paget said, “This really is a great event which Awdry Bailey & Douglas are extremely proud to support. There are so many fantastic businesses in Chippenham who deserve recognition for what they have achieved, and these awards are the perfect way to do that. Thank you to all those that entered and huge congratulations to this year’s winners.”
The winners of the Chippenham Business Awards 2019 were:
- Apprentice of the Year sponsored by Wiltshire College and University Centre: Emma Benson, MJ Church (Plant) Ltd.
- Best Place to Work Award sponsored by Nettl of Chippenham: Alliance Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Charitable Business of the Yehttps://chippenhambusinessawards.co.uk/dt_gallery/2019-event-gallery/ar sponsored by Avagio ITS Ltd.: Chippenham and District Constitutional Club
- Customer Service Award sponsored by HPH Ltd.: Avagio ITS Ltd.
- Green Award sponsored by Good Energy: Aaron and Jonathon Bewley Funeral Directors
- Independent Business of the Year sponsored by Strakers Estate Agents: Aaron and Jonathon Bewley Funeral Directors
- Hospitality or Food and Drink Business of the Year sponsored by Hughes and Hughes Estate Agents: The Three Crowns
- Small Business of the Year sponsored by 24-7 Staffing: Fab-Bricks Ltd.
- Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by Chippenham Chamber of Commerce and Inspire: Phil and Maddy Crook
- Chippenham Business of the Year sponsored by Awdry Bailey & Douglas: Alliance Pharmaceuticals Limited
Pete Butterfield, CEO of Alliance Pharmaceuticals Ltd said, “We’re very proud to win two awards, including Chippenham Business of the Year. Chippenham is really important to us.”
The Chippenham Business Awards will return in February 2020. To find out more about the event or to enquire about becoming a sponsor please visit www.chippenhambusinessawards.co.uk or email email@example.com.